This inter-disciplinary Programme of studies builds upon the concepts and
methodologies of management, engineering, architecture, law, information technology,
social and behavioral sciences and combines theory with practice.
The curriculum is a judicious blend of theoretical and applied courses both in
general management and construction management accompanied with practical
experience and research work. Theoretical courses aim to improve the students’
understanding of certain fundamental phenomena and relationships that characterize the
changing world in which managers must operate. Applied courses, which occupy the bulk
of the students’ time, link the theoretical studies to practice problems in the construction,
infrastructure and real estate development projects. Practical experience is gained by a
student through construction practice, site visits and summer training where he/she learns
to practice the newly acquired management skills under the supervision of an expert.
- ✔ Understanding of construction and real estate development business and
management of facilities and building services.
- ✔ Skills and techniques of construction project management.
- ✔ Facility to apply the knowledge and skills to the effective delivery of the
projects/functions assigned to him.
- ✔ Competency to handle a project in the specialized construction sector.
- ✔ Knowledge of information technology tools for professionalizing information
system in construction.
- ✔ Sound knowledge of the theory and practice of corporate management.
The Programme duration is one year. It is organized into 2 terms, each term 6
months duration with suitable breaks. The first term devoted to class learning, acquiring
hands-on experience in computer workshop, managerial skills workshop, construction
practice workshop, managerial skills workshop, construction practice workshop, site visits
and learning research techniques and presentation skills. Second term is for internship
from construction industry. Students sponsored by their employers can return to their
B.E/B.Tech in Civil/Mechanical Engineering with 50% aggregate from a recognized
university with good communication skills.